Saturday, October 7
7:00 am – 7:00 pm
1385 Harshman Road
Dayton, OH US 45431
The Outdoor Experience 12 Hour Race (affectionately known as the OX12) is a race held at the Wagner Subaru Outdoor Experience Expo.
- 2.6+ mile loop course and flat!
- Finisher Medals for those that travel upon the course for the full 12 hours.
- 4% bike path, 96% grass/trail double track.
ADDITIONAL COURSE INFORMATION
To “finish” you must be on the course throughout the event. You cannot leave the park and return later. This is a time-based event with a goal, not a distance event. You must be on course at 7:00pm!
What is the “course”? The course includes the roped off area behind the scoring table (the drop bag location), the marked trail, and the restrooms.
You will need a flashlight or headlamp at the start of the race.
All registrants will receive a t-shirt if registered by August 24, 2022 to guarantee a shirt.
You must pick up your race packet to receive your shirt. No shirts will be mailed.
Additional reminders and info
- Pacers will be allowed on course after 11 am. All pacers will need to sign a waiver.
SWEET FINISHER AWARD 1
All finishers that travel upon the course for the full 12 hours will receive our cool finisher medal.
SWEET FINISHER AWARD 2
We are working on a customized SECOND FINISHER AWARD. Details to come.
We will have awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers in both the male and female divisions. In case of a tie, the first runner to cross the finish line for their last lap will be awarded the place.
Meet some new friends and have a great time while making a valuable contribution to the local running community by volunteering at this event. If you would like to help, please contact the race director(s) (below), and we’ll be sure to find a job for you!
Additional reminders and info
- You must be on course and be moving at the 12-hour mark. This is not a measured distance race, it’s how far can you go in 12 hours.
- We will be counting your laps and using a timing system to calculate the distance during the 12 hours.
- There is a roped off drop bag area adjacent to the start/finish to change, take a short break, refuel etc. Leaving the course is not permitted.
- We have Tailwind Performance drink, water, chips, pretzels, PB&J, and other food items at the start/finish aid station.
- Parking is adjacent to the campground, however, DO NOT park in the handicapped lot or in the Subaru lot, unless you are handicapped or driving a Subaru.
- Guide dogs or guide runners are welcome to assist visually impaired runners. However, guides and pacers must sign our waiver at the packet pick-up table.
- All Race participants should enter from the Harshman Rd. entrance, not Springfield St. Gate may be closed but will not be locked before 6:00 am.
- DO NOT FORGET YOUR HEADLAMP OR FLASHLIGHT!
Overall: Dianne Griesser F48 67.51 (2015)
Master: Mary O’Donoghue F48 64.6 (2014)
Grand Master: Gina Helmick F51 61.8 (2014)
Senior: Carol Kleckner F61 51.01 (2015)
Overall: Justin Gardner M30 73.01 (2015)
Master: Kirk Ridenour M55 71.7 (2014)
Grand Master: David Krekeler M54 24 65.38 (2013)
Senior: Al Eder M63 55.80 (2015)
RACE DIRECTOR: Lawrence Chow