Saturday, October 7
7:00 am – 7:00 pm
1385 Harshman Road
Dayton, OH US 45431
The Outdoor Experience 12 Hour Race (affectionately known as the OX12) is a race held at the Wagner Subaru Outdoor Experience Expo.
- 2.6+ mile loop course and flat!
- Finisher Medals for those that travel upon the course for the full 12 hours.
- 4% bike path, 96% grass/trail double track.
ADDITIONAL COURSE INFORMATION
To “finish” you must be on the course throughout the event. You cannot leave the park and return later. This is a time-based event with a goal, not a distance event. You must be on course at 7:00pm!
What is the “course”? The course includes the roped off area behind the scoring table (the drop bag location), the marked trail, and the restrooms.
You will need a flashlight or headlamp at the start of the race.
To guarantee a t-shirt, all registrants must be registered by August 25, 2023.
You must pick up your race packet to receive your shirt. No shirts will be mailed.
Additional reminders and info
- Pacers will be allowed on course after 11 am. All pacers will need to sign a waiver.
SWEET FINISHER AWARD 1
All finishers that travel upon the course for the full 12 hours will receive our cool finisher medal.
SWEET FINISHER AWARD 2
We are working on a customized SECOND FINISHER AWARD. Details to come.
We will have awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers in both the male and female divisions. In case of a tie, the first runner to cross the finish line for their last lap will be awarded the place.
Meet some new friends and have a great time while making a valuable contribution to the local running community by volunteering at this event. If you would like to help, please contact the race director(s) (below), and we’ll be sure to find a job for you!
Additional reminders and info
- You must be on course and be moving at the 12-hour mark. This is not a measured distance race, it’s how far can you go in 12 hours.
- We will be counting your laps and using a timing system to calculate the distance during the 12 hours.
- There is a roped off drop bag area adjacent to the start/finish to change, take a short break, refuel etc. Leaving the course is not permitted.
- We have Tailwind Performance drink, water, chips, pretzels, PB&J, and other food items at the start/finish aid station.
- Parking is adjacent to the campground, however, DO NOT park in the handicapped lot or in the Subaru lot, unless you are handicapped or driving a Subaru.
- Guide dogs or guide runners are welcome to assist visually impaired runners. However, guides and pacers must sign our waiver at the packet pick-up table.
- All Race participants should enter from the Harshman Rd. entrance, not Springfield St. Gate may be closed but will not be locked before 6:00 am.
- DO NOT FORGET YOUR HEADLAMP OR FLASHLIGHT!
Overall: Dianne Griesser F48 67.51 (2015)
Master: Mary O’Donoghue F48 64.6 (2014)
Grand Master: Gina Helmick F51 61.8 (2014)
Senior: Carol Kleckner F61 51.01 (2015)
Overall: Brian Wooden M45 74.00 (2022)
Master: Kirk Ridenour M55 71.7 (2014)
Grand Master: David Krekeler M54 24 65.38 (2013)
Senior: Al Eder M63 55.80 (2015)
Click here for:
Pics from 2019
Results from 2019
Pics from 2018
Results from 2018
Pics from 2017
Results from 2017
Pics From 2016
Results from 2016
Results from 2015
Results from 2014
Results from 2013
RACE DIRECTOR: Lawrence Chow