Ohio River Road Runners Club
Annual Running Scholarship
The Ohio River Road Runner’s Club is pleased to announce its 2022 ORRRC Scholarship program! The ORRRC will provide four merit-based, competitive scholarships (worth $1,000 per winner) to students attending a regionally accredited educational institution in the current or next academic year. To be eligible, the applicant must live** or attend university/college in the Dayton, Ohio region and must completely fill out the application on this web page. Incomplete entries will not be considered. The ORRRC Board of Directors reserves the right to alter the terms of this scholarship program at any point.
** – Individuals from the Dayton area whose families still reside in the area, but are attending school outside of the area (e.g. a Dayton resident who is going to school in another state), ARE eligible.
Before you start working on this scholarship entry, please know that there are 5 sections of questions (about you, contact information, academic information, 3 essays, and 3 questions about your character).
Sections 1, 2, 3, and 5 will take approximately 15-30 minutes to complete in total (they’re pretty simple questions), however, section 4 (the 3 essay questions) may take some time, so we recommend you craft them in a separate document and then upload them into the provided space. So you can prepare for them, the 3 essays are:
- Please describe how running has influenced your life (improved health, better social bonds, recovery from illness, etc.). (2000 character limit)
- Please describe your favorite memory from a running event (ORRRC or another event) and why it means so much to you. (1000 character limit)
- Please tell us about an inspirational individual in the running community and what their actions or inspirational characteristics mean to you. (2000 character limit)
- What extracurricular activities do you participate in?
- List college and high school activities (student government, sports, publications, school-sponsored community service programs, student-faculty committees, arts, music, etc.). List in descending order of significance.
- What community service have you participated in?
- List public service and community activities (homeless services, environmental protection/conservation, advocacy activities, work with non-profit organizations, etc.). Do not repeat items listed previously. List in descending order of significance.
- What accolades or recognition have you received?
- List awards, scholarships, publications or special recognition you have received. List in descending order of significance.
Scholarship Application Deadline
Saturday, 26 November 2022 at 11:59 Eastern
4 x $1,000 Winners
ORRRC Board Review & Selection
Notification of Selectees & Social Media Posts
Selectees Receive Funding