July 9 @ 6:30 am
DGLR50 IS PROUD TO BE TRAIL SISTERS APPROVED RACE.
JUNE 17 IS THE LAST DAY TO GUARANTEE YOUR RACE PREMIUMS.
START TIME: 6 AM FOR BOTH DISTANCES
THIS IS A CUPLESS RACE! THERE WILL BE NO CUPS AT ANY AID STATIONS. YOU CAN PURCHASE RACE CUP FOR $3. EXTENDED CUTOFFS: 15 HOURS FOR 50 MILER! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE WEATHER CONDITIONS CAN BE EXTREMELY HOT AS IT IS A SUMMER RACE. PLEASE CARRY PLENTY OF FLUIDS WITH YOU AS YOU GO BETWEEN AID STATIONS. THE SMALL REUSABLE CUP IS NOT DESIGNED TO CARRY FLUIDS BETWEEN AID STATIONS.
This will be a completely cupless race. You can purchase ORRRC collapsible, reusable cup with your registration. Please carry this cup as well as your water bottle or hydration pack. There will be absolutely no cups at aid stations (you will need to use your cup if you want to drink Coke or Ginger Ale, or grab some pretzels to go). If you have run DGLR50 in the past, or Broken Toe 50K/25K, you are already familiar with cupless races.
We are still enforcing the 12-year old rule of no switching distances after the race starts! Packet pick up is the last time to drop down or upgrade distance.
Looking forward to seeing you all in July!
WHERE: Caesar Creek State Park, Start/Finish – Visitor Center 4020 N. Clarksville Road Waynesville, OH 45068-9408
Some of the best single-track around Caesar Creek lake south of SR 73. The largest hill is about 80′, however, the elevation changes are substantial due to almost constant rollers.
We will have two manned aid stations: at the start/finish and the 50 Springs exit.
NOTE: Drop bags are only at Visitor Center (Start/Finish) Aid Station. You will pass this aid station three times in the 50 mile race and two times in the 50K.
These aid stations will have Tailwind, water, our famous hummus avocado wraps, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, pretzel rods, fresh fruit, and an assortment of other products. There will be no cups at those aid stations. Carry your reusable cup and water bottle.
The other “unmanned” stations (we will visit them every 30 minutes or so) will have water. No cups at any of unmanned aid stations
If you need to drop, just stop at the manned aid station and we will get you back to the start.
STAY TUNED FOR COURSE DESCRIPTION AND MAP
- Do not litter! Don’t drop any packets on the trail! Carry all trash with you to the next aid station.
- Switching distance: you can drop down from 50 miles to 50K anytime before the race starts, including the morning of the race, just let the RD or registration volunteer know.
- No dropping down during the race. It will be considered a DNF.
- If you DNF the 50 miler, you won’t receive credit for 200K series (even if you complete distance of 50K or more).
- Cutoffs will be strictly enforced. Please know them! Cutoffs are for your safety!
- We will begin slowly sweeping the course at 5 p.m. on race day. You must stay ahead of the sweeper if you don’t want to get lost
- The last official finisher of the 50 miler will get cool Tail of the Dawg award.
PARKING: Caesar Creek State Park, Visitor Center – 4020 N. Clarksville Road Waynesville, OH 45068-9408
RACE DIRECTORS: Marilouise Beeman and Gina Samson
VOLUNTEERS: Meet some new friends and have a great time while making a valuable contribution to the local running community by volunteering at this event. If you would like to help, please contact the race director(s) , and we’ll be sure to find a job for you!