Saturday, November 4 @ 7:15 am – 5:00 pm
Come run through this beautiful wooded area with rolling hills, exciting gullies and the occasional creek crossing. You will be prancing along in a canopied forest that often parallels the serene Caesar Creek Lake with few companions save for magical woodland creatures.
Register before Oct 1, 2023 to guarantee your swag and optional apparel. Race is capped at 100 runners.
Registration ends Nov 3, 2023 or when registration reaches 100.
WHERE: Start/Finish Line is at Caesar Creek State Park Campground, 9000 Center Rd, Wilmington, OH 45177. Campground Lot.
PARKING: Caesar Creek State Park Campground, 9000 Center Rd, Wilmington, OH 45177. Campground Lot.
WHEN: Race Starts Saturday Nov 4 @ 8 AM.
PACKET PICKUP: On race morning @ 6:30 AM
- Race will start/finish at Campground Parking Area
- Runners will start from the Campground and head south down a ~0.75 mile of paved section until you reach the trailhead
- Turn left at the trailhead to follow the South section of the Campground Loop.
- Turn left at the bi-directional Turkey Run Trail and continue to follow the Turkey Run Trail to the Ward Loop (Do not take the Turkey Run connector trail)
- Turn right to follow the West section of Ward Loop (~3.5 miles)
- The first unmanned Aid Station (water only) will be ~4 miles in at the end of Ward Road.
- Continue to follow the West section of the Ward Trail until reaching the creek
- Turn right, cross the creek, and head up the hill, bearing right to the North section of Harveysburg Loop. (~6.25 miles)
- Continue to follow the Harveysburg Loop along the lakefront
- Turn right to follow the trail up to the Harveysburg MTB trailhead and the Aid Station at the top of the hill (~8.75 miles)
o You MUST check in at the aid station with the volunteer team
- From the Aid Station, follow the trail back down the hill and turn right.
- Continue to bear right along the South section of the Harveysburg Loop.
- Runners will descend and cross the river to enter the East section of the Ward Loop (~10.5 miles)
- Continue to bear to the right along the Ward Loop until you reach the road.
- Turn left onto Ward Road – there will be an unmanned Aid Station (water only) ~11 miles.
- Follow the road ~0.75 mile to the trail intersection on the right.
- Bear right to enter the bi-directional Turkey Run Section.
- Turn right onto the East section of the Campground Loop (~14 miles)
- The campground loop will bring you back to the start/finish line
Total loop distance ~15.5 mi (GPS can be spotty in places, so your device final mileage may vary between 15.2 to 16 miles)
— 25K runners will run the loop once
— 50K runners will run the loop twice
Trail Run Project: https://www.trailrunproject.com/trail/7107104/2022-orrrc-broken-toe-course
EARLY START: You may start early at 7am if you are concerned about the time limit. Check in at the Campground Registration table race morning at 7:00 am. Early Starters are not eligible for Overall Winner Awards, but will still be included in the prize drawing.
CUTOFF: 9.5 hours. 50k runners must start the 2nd loop by 1pm. Runners past that mark will not be permitted to continue.
AID STATIONS: There will be 4 aid stations – 2 manned, 2 unmanned. Manned aid stations (0 miles & 9 miles) will have a variety of snacks, Tailwind, water, hand sanitizers, menstrual products & Porta-potties. 2 unmanned aid stations (4.5 miles & 11 miles) will only have water. THIS IS A CUPLESS RACE. There will be no cups at any aid stations.
DROP BAGS: Drop bags can be left at the start line/finish line for 50K participants
RUCKERS: Minimum weight 15-20#. If you ruck more than that, your weight will be sewn on the patch. More power to you! Be aware that this course is a 25k loop with some technical parts.
AWARDS: Awesome awards for 1st Male and 1st Female in both 50K and 25K. All finishers will receive a STUPENDOUS Finisher’s Token. All registrants get a really cool pottery piece from a local artist. Ruckers also get a patch fo finishing. All participants stand a chance to win some sweet door prizes that will be announced as they roll in. Past year’s runners know they be good useful prizes.
APPAREL (OPTIONAL): We are offering a Beanie, Hoodie and Jacket as extra optional swag to show plebeians your superiority! Order deadline Oct 1, 2023
RACE DIRECTORS: Jennifer Summers & Brian Furderer
VOLUNTEERS: Meet some new friends and have a great time while making a valuable contribution to the local running community by volunteering at this event. If you would like to help, please contact the race directors (below), or use the link below, and we’ll be sure to find a job for you! Volunteers are the BEST PEOPLE on earth!
VOLUNTEER SIGNUP LINK: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0E4EADA828A4FD0-broken1#/
FACEBOOK EVENT: https://m.facebook.com/events/133643496487208
FACEBOOK GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/299417502568108/