- Hits: 5588
Established racing teams are set to compete in a series of 11 designed races this year. All races are are sponsored by ORRRC and open to all runners. Events are from 1 mile to 13.1 miles in length. Races are scheduled from February to November.
Each runner is responsible for signing up as an individual racer, then they report their participation to their team captain/designee.
Forming a Team
All runners will be ‘age graded’ after each race and the results will be resorted to reflect the age grading. Age grading is a way of putting all race participants on a level playing field, regardless of age or gender. Age graded scores let you compare your race times to those of different runners, as well as to the standard for your age and gender.
The FIVE runners who compute the lowest score complete a team. Teams also receive a minus 2 points for each team runner who completes the race, or vounteers at the race, up to 15 runners/volunteers (total -30 points). These participation points are subtracted from the team’s score to calculate the final team score. If a team does not have 5 scoring runners the missing runners will be scored equal to the last place finisher in the event and totaled accordingly.
2014 team races
· FEBRUARY 16 Frostbite 5, 2 pm, Centerville High School
· MARCH 09 Little Miami 10 Mile, 1 pm, Yellow Springs Bryan Center
· MARCH 15 St Patrick's 5k, 10 am, Middletown High School
· APRIL 26 Sugar Maple 5k, 9 am, Bellbrook
· MAY 14 Vandalia 5k, 6:30 pm, Vandalia Rec Center
· JUNE 10 1 Mile Dash, 7 pm, Eastwood Metro Park
· JULY 23 Englewood 5k, 7 pm, Englewood MetroPark
· AUGUST 2 Tadmor 10k, 8 am, Taylorsville MetroPark
· SEPTEMBER 2 DeWeese 5k, 6:30 pm, DeWeese Park
· OCTOBER 18 Country Classic Half Marathon, 10:00 am
· NOVEMBER 9 Fall Festival 15K, 10 am, Spring Valley
ORRRC Point of Contact Information: Kenn Daily