2015 ORRRC Team Series (2015 Results)
Established racing teams are set to compete in a series of 11 designed races this year. All races are are sponsored by ORRRC and open to all runners. Events are from 1 mile to 13.1 miles in length. Races are scheduled from February to November.
Each runner is responsible for signing up as an individual racer, then they report their participation to their team captain/designee.
Forming a Team
It’s easy! Submit a list of runners, designate a team captain, and chose a team name. Teams can be a group of neighborhood runners or affiliated with a local company. Team members can be added to a team’s roster through MARCH 30th. After that time, team members can be added but they will not be counted in a team’s score until the next year. Submit team information to Kenn Daily at Kenn@runnerkenn.com.
All runners will be ‘age graded’ after each race and the results will be resorted to reflect the age grading. Age grading is a way of putting all race participants on a level playing field, regardless of age or gender. Age graded scores let you compare your race times to those of different runners, as well as to the standard for your age and gender.
The FIVE runners who compute the lowest score complete a team. Teams also receive a minus 2 points for each team runner who completes the race, or vounteers at the race, up to 15 runners/volunteers (total -30 points). These participation points are subtracted from the team’s score to calculate the final team score. If a team does not have 5 scoring runners the missing runners will be scored equal to the last place finisher in the event and totaled accordingly.
2015 team races
· FEBRUARY 01 Frostbite 5, 2 p.m., Centerville High School
· MARCH 08 Little Miami 10 Mile, 1 p.m., Yellow Springs Bryan Center
· MARCH 14 St Patrick’s 5k, 10 a.m., Middletown High School
· APRIL 26 Sugar Maple 6k, 9 a.m., Bellbrook
· MAY 13 Vandalia 5k, 6:30 p.m., Vandalia Rec Center
· JUNE 30 1 Mile Dash, 7 p.m., Tipp City Kyle Park
· JULY 22 Englewood 5k, 7 p.m., Englewood MetroPark
· AUGUST 01 Tadmor 10k, 8 a.m., Taylorsville MetroPark
· SEPTEMBER 08 DeWeese 5k, 6:30 p.m., DeWeese Park
· OCTOBER 10 Cross Country 5k, 10:00 a.m., John Bryan Park
· NOVEMBER 08 Fall Festival 15K, 10 a.m., Spring Valley
ORRRC Point of Contact Information: Kenn Daily at Kenn@runnerkenn.com.